Employment at Teignbridge
Teignbridge Propellers is a long established world-class company, supplying propellers and sterngear to many of the worlds leading boat builders. We are committed to recruiting, developing and retaining high calibre staff throughout the organisation. We seek staff who are motivated, enthusiastic and equally committed to producing and selling high quality components. To support this vision, Teignbridge offers excellent terms and conditions of employment, coupled with an individual personal development plan for each employee.
Teignbridge Propellers offers a tremendous variety of employment opportunities across various disciplines including moulders, fettlers, polishers, machinists, pattern making, inspectors, technicians, design engineers, sales engineers, administration, quality control, accounting, HR, export & purchasing.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and we welcome applications from all prospective employees.
Sales Operations Co-ordinator
A varied, challenging and rewarding role, requiring a blend of customer service and organizational skills. This position will require attention to detail and self-motivation to facilitate the efficient daily coordination of the Sales Department with internal departments and customers.
This is a key role within the Sales Department : processing quotations, sales orders and providing support for Sales Engineers. Liaising with customers on a daily basis to expedite their requirements for information, technical support and order amendments. Providing an efficient interface between the Sales, Production, Purchasing and Engineering Departments.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurate and efficient implementation of Sales Orders.
- Liaison with Production, Purchasing, and Engineering Depts and occasionally suppliers to ensure timely and accurate interpretation of customer’s requirements is achieved.
- Progression of orders through production to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Liaison with Export Dept to ensure efficient and cost-effective dispatch of orders.
- Provision of excellent customer care.
- Coordinate requirements for trade shows, customer visits, factory tours, and other sales & marketing events.
- Preparation and delivery of quotations to customers.
- To develop procedures and protocols to ensure the accurate management of information within the Sales Department for the benefit of customers and colleagues.
- Interpretation and implementation of customer requirements and assembling of technical information
- Production of statistical data.
- Manage the Company’s social media output and web site news
- To provide assistance where required within the organization.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements
- Self motivated and highly developed organizational skills
- Computer literate
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers, including technical information.
- Aptitude for producing solutions on own initiative
- Process orientated
- Ability to manage customer complaints effectively.
- Comfortable with high-pressure environment.
- Experience within a manufacturing/sales role preferred.
- A good telephone manner
Education and Experience Requirements
Previous experience in account management, sales and customer service. A good general education is essential and some understanding of mechanical or marine engineering would be an advantage.